JOIN OUR NEXT GROUP
When seeking to learn about Haitian history, it always begins with slavery. However, we could also take a closer look at the territory and its indigenous people as well as the origins of the people who were captured in Africa and brought to the territory in the 15th century. We will therefore discover Haiti's place in human history, the contribution of Haitians across the globe and the repercussions of the past on the world today.
Learn history from a Pan-African perspective.
Discover the strength of Afro roots
Immerse into African multiculturalism.
Listen to a new perspective
Observe the facts and historical realities that were never revealed.
Contribute to the future taking into account the past
Think about informed decisions and solutions.
Learn wherever you are
Online on the device of your choice.
With the instructors and the other participants.
OUR BASIC PROGRAM
It is important not to let traditional institutions and the media teach us our history in a negative approach. Thank you very much for this class !
I liked this class because it helped me a lot in my quest for identity! I loved learning the history of my country. It's told in such an interesting way!
When you value your story, you value yourself. It is up to us to keep our history alive and pass it on to future generations. Good job !
I studied history at university and I’m a big fan of it. I was happy to take this course and understand the historical context and the social reality that led to the Haitian Revolution.
- The Great African Empires
- 1492 to 1804: From colonization to Revolution
- 1804 to 1915: From Independence to American Occupation
- History of Haïti: Modern times
- Many complementary workshops
- Face to face
- Live Online
- Very young children (0 to 6 years old)
- Little children (7 to 9 years old)
- Children (9 to 12 years old)
- Teenagers (13 to 19 years old)
- Adults (20 to 49 years old)
- Golden age (over 50 years old)
Increase personal esteem and value collective identity
Find the words to express historical facts
Understand the obstacles overcome by the ancestors
Understand that nothing is granted, everything is obtained by defense
Find role models to follow or not to follow
Learn more through creative workshops
Take a look at several ways of thinking
Realize that history is also about us today, our accomplishments and what we will leave as a legacy
EXAMPLES OF UNIQUE WORKSHOPS
- The Kingdom of Dahomé
- The indigenous peoples of Haiti
- The African origin of Haitians
- The unsaid about the Bois-Caïman ceremony
- An overview of the Haitian Revolution
- The global impact of the Haitian Revolution
- An immersion in the life of a character
- A dive into a memorable event
- Great women in the history of Haiti
- The Duvalier dynasty
- A guided tour (political, artistic, social)
- And more: Submit what you want to learn in the pre-registration form!
Replays available on Patreon!